Have you ever had one of those moments when you knew that your life would never be the same again?
It is as if time is standing still, and you either want it to fast forward so you can see what happens, or you want to rewind it back so you can do whatever you have to do to make this moment never happen. It is a feeling of complete helplessness. You are at a total loss of control and no matter what you do, you can't change the feeling inside you. You would do anything that you could to escape from that moment, but you can't. For those of you that have experienced this, you know exactly what I am talking about. For those of you who haven't, I pray each night that you never will.
In October of 2008, I almost lost my husband in a horrible car accident. It was a night that I will never forget. The sound of helicopters, sirens and hard knocks on the front door, still send me back to that nightmare. I thank god each day that Drew's angels were watching him and they knew it was not his time to leave me. After a week in the ICU, and two weeks in physical and occupational rehab at HCMC, I was able to bring him home to us. Kash got his dad back, I got my husband back and all of us got a new perspective on life, family, friends and miracles. Then, in April of 2009, just a few days before Kash's first birthday, I found out that my mom was diagnosed with cancer. She went through six weeks of chemo and radiation, had a feeding tube put in, and has been working hard at healing since that horrible day. As of July, she is cancer free. Although the past year has been rough, it has shown me the importance of celebrating each day. I plan to use this website to chronicle the amazing memories and chapters of my family life. We are truly blessed to have each other. We must never forget that.




1 comments:
I cry every time I read this.....
Post a Comment