I started this blogg last year when I was in the midst of my Digital Writing graduate course for my writing certification...I loved it instantly and was hooked! I mean, I love to write, I have an amazing new little guy, wonderful husband and so many great things to share with family and friends as we grow and experience life together!
Then my world was turned upside down when my mom's fight with cancer took a turn for the worse and I was faced with pain that I had never experienced before and would never wish on anyone. It was a year ago this month that my mom went in for her surgery...the surgery that one doctor would not do, telling us that there was nothing else to be done and that we should go home and spend our months together. I will never forget that phone call from my dad on that cold winter night... But, we found a doc that said he could do the surgery and was willing to fight along with us...and what a fight it was.
Although I did not lose my mom to her fight with cancer until July 5th, 2010...I honestly believe that she left us that day she went in for her 19 hour surgery. She tried so hard and for so long to beat this tumor, but it proved to be too strong. I watched her suffer each day for 4 months to breathe...each moment that past she was trapped inside her head, unable to talk, scream, laugh, or somedays crack a smile. In all of my life, I will never know what that felt like, how scared she was, and how much pain she was in. It takes my breathe away every moment that I think about it.
When I created this blogg Miracles, Milestones and Magical Moments...it was supposed to be about celebration...about family and about life. During the those horrible months, it was too hard for me to write, sometimes too hard for me to even talk. That is why I stopped updating this in January of last year...
It has taken me up until this point to to want to write again and to want to celebrate.
As I sit here typing this, I am feeling the kicks, spins and twists of my son growing inside my tummy. I am 26 weeks pregnant and more exicted that I could ever be. It was hard to imagine going through a pregnancy not having my mom to talk to about it, celebrate it with, and complain to...but I know she is here with me. I see her each day in Kash's face. I hear her in his laughter and I feel her in his hugs. Drew and I often talk about how she is here with us...we are constantly waiting for her to do something to show us her sense of humor.
This is the new start for me...this new baby is a gift from my mom.
I miss her very much, every moment, of every single day.
Thinking about her reminds me of all the things that I need to celebrate, cherish and share.
I can't wait to show family and friends this new chapter in our lives as The Davis Family of Four...How blessed are we?!
Change
10 years ago




2 comments:
Oh my gosh Kristin...HUGS!!!!! Excited to watch your family grow!
So glad you're starting again. I know its not easy...Thanks from one of your readers! :)
Post a Comment