CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Special Moment...

I come from a very large family. Not my immediate family, but my extended family on both my mom and dad's sides. Both of my parents grew up in small town MN and my mother was blessed with 6 sisters and 3 brothers, and my dad has 2 brothers and 4 sisters. Needless to say when I was a kid Christmas time was always crawling with incredible, some would say overwhelming, amounts of kids!

On my dad's side I was the first grandchild born. On my mom's, I am thinking that I might fall in the upper teens somewhere... Now, many years later, as most of the grandchildren are grown, having their own children and the entire family Christmas parties are far between. I am not sure if it that the times are changing or if we have just given up on trying to coordinate schedules with such a massive amount of people. None the less, when I do see my grandmas (they are all that I have left as both of my grandfathers have passed on) it is on weekends around Christmas or Thanksgiving, but never right on the date as it used to be.

This past Thanksgiving, my husband and I ventured all around MN and WI trying to see everyone and celebrate with all members of the family. Drew's dad lives in northern MN and his mom in eastern WI. My parents reside down here in Apple Valley. What used to be a one day celebration of kids, food and play, has now become a hectic trip trying to see everyone. We do enjoy it, it is just different than the celebrations I remember as a kid.
The weekend after Thanksgiving my Grandma (dad's mom) was here to visit. We had brunch with her and she was so excited to see Kash. He, in typical toddler fashion, did not want much to do with her. He was content to run around, dig through the tupperware cupboards and avoid cuddling with anyone! Just before my Grandma was about to leave, Kash came up to her and put his hand in the air. This is his way of saying "take my hand." My Grandma, happy at the gesture, grabbed it and Kash led her into my parent's bedroom where his Elmo video was playing. He climbed up on her lap and was cuddling with her watching his movie. I, of course, snuck in with my mamaratzi camera to snap a few photos of this special moment.

Here is the picture after I played with it in befunky.com. I was hoping that it would look neater as a sketched picture, but it did not turn out as cool as I would have liked. Below is the original picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment