Kash recently turned 19 months old... Where does the time go???
When we first brought him home, although Drew loved him very much, he kept telling me that he could not wait until he was bigger and could be 'his little buddy'. Now in full blown toddler mode, I think we have crossed into the 'buddy' zone. As a mom, it is so fun to watch your husband interact with your kids. I can see how Kash looks at him like he is a super-hero, amazed at everything he does and wanting to do EVERYTHING that he does. They are such a pair! They have their own little secret games, looks and talk that they share. Kash attempts to say Drew and it comes our more like "rew" but it is the cutest thing ever watching him try to say it. I think Da-Da is his most favorite thing to say as he walks all over the house, sometimes yelling it and sometimes whispering it.
Drew and I are truly blessed at the joy he brings to our lives each day. He is growing so fast and changes each day. At his 18 month appointment he weighed in at 25 pounds (he had lost some weight when he was in the hospital and so sick) and continues to be in the 99% for his height! He is going to be tall like his daddy!
Here are some of the things he is into right now...
- He loves music and dancing! If you have not see the video (below) of him bustin' a move, you should check it out! Whenever their is music around, he will run to it and start bouncing his head or moving his butt, arms and legs.
- He is really into Elmo and Mickey Mouse. I think that mostly stems from the music that is tied to them, but he loves them both very much!
- He is still a picky eater, buy we are making progress! He can't get enough fruit, noodles, crackers, bread, raisins and yogurt. I try each day to get him to eat some (ANY!) veggies and he is really good at detecting them and spitting them out. Although SOMETIMES broccoli will go down, he will often suck the butter off it and then spit it out. Nice, I know.
- He is a major blankie boy! I am not sure what we would do if we ever lost that thing! I am not complaining though...I am glad he is not into pacifiers or nuks!
- Vacuum cleaners and irons are on his list of top things to play with. He thinks the vacuum is fascinating and will often get really mad when we put it away. He also likes to take the iron (not plugged in obviously) and use the foot stool for his rocker to iron his blankie! Maybe he will be a compulsive cleaner like his mommy!
- He loves going to parks and climbing on everything! I am hoping that this weather hold out for a little longer so we can continue to visit them. He has mastered the slide by himself and although he has a little one in his playroom, it just is not the same!
- He loves playing with Harley and often cuddles up with her, gives her kisses and throws her ball for her. They are best buds!
- He finished his first round of swimming classes this past month. We went every Saturday and played in the water, sang songs, jumped off the side and even went under water once. Drew was not pleased about that!
- Kash is really into books. He has a a basket of his 'favorites' that sit next to our bed and we go through and read almost all of them before bed. In his room is a large book shelf filled with tons more and sometimes I will find him in their looking through one that he has pulled off the shelf. Right now he is really into Goodnight Moon. He loves balloons and thinks it is fun to point to the red balloon on the pages and then when he gets to a page where the balloon is missing, he wrinkles his nose and starts to make noises as if to say "Where did it go??!"
- It amazes me how fearless he is. He loves to wander and explore anything and everything! It makes me nervous how he has no issues with wandering away from either of us on an adventure to discover something new! We have to CONSTANLY keep our eyes on him.
- He is still in daycare one day a week. He seems to like it and enjoys playing with Laurie and the new friends that he has made.
- We are getting into that 2 year old stage...by that I mean the attitude and tantrums are starting to come out. He knows what he wants and when he wants it...he has a hard time when someone says no. Daddy is more of a sucker for this than mommy! Must be all the practice with first graders I have had.
Kash continues to surprise each day with some new skill, word or amazing change. Drew and I never knew how amazing parenting could be until he came into our lives!
We love you Kashtin Andrew Davis and look forward to every experience and memory that we will have with you!




0 comments:
Post a Comment