CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

First Hospital Trip...And HOPEFULLY Last!


Here Kash is recovering on our couch at home!

We have had an interesting few weeks around the Davis household! Germs seem to be lurking everywhere! Being a first grade teacher, I am naturally a germaphobic person, but having a child of my own has brough it to a new level. The flu that is going around hit our house much to my constant cleaning and disinfecting dissmay.

Kash came down with a low-grade fever on Saturday of MEA weekend. No big deal as he was running around playing with the help of some Tylenol. I decided to take him to see our pediatrican anyway on Monday as I have been exposed to the pig flu and was worried I could have brought it home. Our Doctor said he was fine and treated him with Tamiflu to shorten the sickness. I was feeling great and hoping this would pass quickly.

By 9:30 that night things changed quickly alright. We ended up rushing Kash to the ER because he was in respitory distress (in other words not getting enough air). From there we ended up staying 2 nights on the pediatric floor of the hospital only to find out that he had severe croup. I have never had croup before or have never had any experience with it so this was new to me.

After being released on Wednesday, we made 2 more trips back to the ER before I actually felt like we were on the mend. Needless to say, it was one of the hardest weeks of my life. To see your baby so sick is the most helpless feeling in the world. You would do anything to take the pain away, but you have no control.

It is now a few weeks later and I think that I have somewhat recovered from this. I can honestly say this I will never second guess my mommy instincts. Mommies just know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment