CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween 2009


I just had to start with this cute butt shot!

I remember being a kid and Halloween was such an amazing event. Thinking for weeks what the perfect costume would be, counting the days until the school party and then finishing it off with a mad dash to fill your pillow case with as much sugar as you could get your hands on. My parents neighborhood, where I grew up, used to be crawling with kids! We would have to buy tons of bags of candy, and even with a good stock-pile, would run out before the night was over. My dad found such delight in visiting the door to deliver treats to all the cute little kids in their costumes. You could barely turn away from the door and more crews of kids would come barreling up screaming the magical Halloween words...
The neighborhood that I live in now, with my own family, does not have that same festiveness to it. Just not enough kids around I guess. In order to give Kash the full trick-or-treating experience (I said before I am HUGE on traditions!) we decided to head over to my parents neck of the woods. Although it is not quite the Halloween headquarters it once was, it was perfect for my toddlers first time experience. The monkey costume was perfect, fleece, fuzzy and warm to ease my post-hospital-sickness-paranoia. (And might I add that only 2 days later we found out he had an ear infection!)
Here he is in true toddler form refusing to look at the camera so his paperazzi mother can get a picture of him. I have more profile shots than anything!
The kid is obsessed with phones...always stealing either Drew's or mine and babbling into them as he walks around the house. I bet that is what he thinks we sound like constantly talking on our phones...
My parents have these great decorations in their front yard and we worked hard to get some good pics! Again, refusing to look at the camera! I wonder were he gets his stubborness from?

Here are Grandma and Granpa Mickelson. My mom is still healing from her cancer (although cancer free) and I know she was not feeling wonderful, but she was a tough and went out trick-or-treating with us!

The Davis'
Drew, Kristin, Kash and Harley


Getting his first treat for the night. Reeses...Mom and Dad's favorite! Kash likes the twizzlers best. No worries...he got a few of them as well!


Me pulling the wagon down the street!

Grandma, Grandpa and Kash


Auntie Sarah...she LOVES her punkie!

One last family shot! Drew and I kept talking about how much fun it will be when we can take him out and he is able to love Halloween as much as we did as kids!
Another family event that I hold dear to my heart. I am truly blessed! Love my boys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment